Compartmentalization with Cherokee Building Materials
Supporting your business during uncertain times
Cherokee Building Materials Sets Itself Apart
Builders have long recognized Cherokee Building Materials as their go-to source for top-grade commercial and residential construction materials in Oklahoma and Arkansas. But providing the raw materials for your building projects is only the beginning of the full service we offer.
Cherokee Building Materials was founded on a commitment to caring for our customers’ needs. And while those needs may change from time to time, our dedication to you never will. As companies, organizations, and individuals search for resources to help manage issues related to the global spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Cherokee Building Materials is here to help.
Compartmentalization – What is it, and How Does it Help?
In simplest terms, compartmentalization is the practice of dividing a large, open space into several smaller and more secured spaces. Compartmentalization offers construction professionals and facility managers a solution to keep their employees working and safe during these trying times. In general, compartmentalization is a useful strategy for:
- Increasing the number of available spaces
- Isolating workers or guests from others
- Improving community health by passively Social Distancing
That last point brings us to the current increased relevance of solid compartmentalization solutions for commercial construction projects.
Compartmentalizing and COVID-19
From placing easily constructed poly sheeting barriers, to installing anti-microbial vinyl panels in nursing homes and hospitals, compartmentalization solutions are more than just practical space dividers. Separating and securing spaces are crucial elements in the fight to help stop the spread of viruses and other transmittable bacteria.
When considering compartmentalization for your construction projects, there are several solutions, each with varying levels of effectiveness, including:
- Good (Least Expensive) - Build temporary walls using 4mil or 6 mil poly sheeting, reinforced poly sheeting, or fire-retardant poly sheeting. Hold up the plastic sheeting using telescoping poles (like Pro Tect EZ Prop Poles or Trimaco’s EZ Up Poles) and add a Zipper entry point to make an effective barrier.
- Better - Vinyl corrugated plastic, available in 4' x 8' sheets, can be used to make a sturdier wall than plastic sheeting. This material is similar to real estate signs for homes, only thicker. Vinyl corrugated plastic panels are quick and easy to set-up, and hold up to frequent washing and sanitizing.
- Best (Most Expensive) - Thicker vinyl corrugated plastic panels, such as the Pro Tect® Environmental Partition Vinyl Panel Assembly, are effective choices and are highly reusable. These panels allow light to come through creating a safe but private work environment and are available with doors and hinges for maximum flexibility.
Buy Compartmentalization Supplies in OK and AR at Cherokee Building Materials
Everything you need to protect your commercial and residential building projects is here. Cherokee carries a comprehensive variety of products for construction compartmentalization, from leading manufacturers like Pro Tect and Trimaco®, including:
- Poly sheeting
- Zip poles
- 4' x 8' sheets of double Corrugated Plastic
- Environmental partition vinyl panel assembly (24" or 48")
- Double-sided zippers, allowing you to create any size or shape entry.
- 10 ft. EZ UP or EZ Prop spring-loaded poles
Concerned about the effects of Coronavirus on your projects, customers, and community? Cherokee Building Materials, your trusted source for quality construction supplies, is also your one-stop shop for reliable compartmentalization products in OK and AR.
Find a Cherokee yard near you, and let’s get started protecting your projects today.
About Cherokee Building Materials
With five yards located across Arkansas and Oklahoma, Cherokee Building Materials is part of the GMS family of companies. Since 1975, Cherokee has offered exceptional construction products and building materials, from drywall and steel, to insulation, acoustical tiles and more.